Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Get To Know The Staff - Mr. Poux


 So what I'm thinking is maybe this is the best experience at a job
I've ever had. It just seems that everything ever experienced,
good,bad,ugly- every job in my life has culminated in this wonderful
experience. Intensive training in theater arts with a bit of
Psychology for good measure from Carnegie-Mellon University. Some good
years in New York City, some great years in Atlanta, and a whole new
life here in Charlotte; teaching, working with disadvantaged,
tutoring, even opening a cupcake-froyo shop. 

All of these, all of these dreams fulfilled have led me to the ultimate fulfillment. This experience at Trinity Prep, a gift of absolute charm. Working with these individuals, teaching them various textures of life; some
history,  lots of literature,and being able to share a passion of
mine, drama. Not the drama of life going crazy. That hides in my silly
brain and imagination. But the historic part. Historic and artistic.

The stuff that speaks truth and makes us dream and cry and pledge a
goodness beyond what we can fulfill. The things I teach level the
field, most importantly teach both me and the young men and women
that...well... we are good, we are bad, but Oh, we are complete. I
love watching these students growth experience themselves and Truth
throughout their theater experience. So far away from growing up in
Akron Ohio, being here in beautiful Charlotte, I must admit if I can
reach any other dream in this lifetime, I would request a Super Bowl
for the Cleveland Browns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Avoiding the summer slide